August 29, 2008

#14



Oh Stu, what can I say? It's the end of an era: you are retiring from hockey.
You taught me to love the game as the star of the Tri-City Americans and it continued to when you moved up to the big leagues with the Winnipeg Jets.
Sure, we had some rough times. Like that time when I asked for your hockey stick and you told me no. But I forgave you; and continued to collect your autographs on hockey pucks and jerseys for years to come. I have been a consistent fan of your career from the beginning. But now we've reached the end of a chapter. You'll be moving on to an Assistant Coaching position with the Dallas Stars, and for that I congratulate you. But what am I supposed to do without #14 on the ice?
Luckily for me, Olie the Goalie is still playing. But I sure will miss you.

No comments: