April 10, 2009

Unemployment Sure Keeps Me Busy

Since I last wrote I have:

~driven home to Roseburg for a long weekend
~gone to the Umpqua Valley Barrel Tour
~finished up Winter classes
~started Spring classes (suffered through my first Spanish 103 class after a 6 year Span-absence)
~done some Spring Cleaning
~gone on 2 interviews
~done some recon work for my parents (trying to reconnect them with old friends via facebook)
~hung out with my favorite Sister-in-Law
~met a friend's new baby
~ate at Abby's pizza
~read The Yellow Wallpaper by Chopin (whoa!)
~cuddled with Klaire
~watched the Utah Jazz pull their shit together and then immediately watch it unravel with my husband
~made notecards with my photos
~met up with an old friend and had the best white mocha of my life simulateously (I'd like to give a shout-out to Cafe Ladro in Fremont)
~kicked ass at the gym
~researched ticket prices to the Basketball Hall of Fame induction of John Stockton
~talked to my mom on the phone
~pet my in-law's poodle for what I assume will be the last time (she's really old!)
~gone to a Britney Spears concert (and unabashedly loved it!)

I have been very busy in my unemployment.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

I work down the street from a restaurant, opened about a year ago. They closed recently with a sign on the door: Closed to do serious spring cleaning & remodeling.

Now I find myself being nervous about what I ate from there. ;)

Sounds like not only busy...but busy in a very productive & stimulating manner. Cool. :-)

Continued luck with the job search.

Gail Peck said...

Good for you--no wallowing in self pity on the list! Surprising how full days become when you don't have the time frame of a job to hamper you.