April 27, 2009

My Favorite Thing About Yesterday...

I try to write in my journal every evening before I go to bed. If I don't have anything pressing to write, I often start out by saying "my favorite thing about today is" and go from there. But lately I haven't made much of an effort.
Yesterday was a pretty great day and yet, I couldn't muster the energy to write - so I am going to try and make up for that today.
My favorite thing about yesterday was:
falling asleep on the couch with my husband last night. We were both really tired from a day full of activities and we couldn't keep our eyes open despite our interest in How the Earth Was Made.
The day started off well - I slept in until my eyes popped open (I love it when that happens) and then I shuffled into the kitchen to pour a heaping bowl of Golden Grahams. Around eleven, we were finally ready to hit the road. We snacked on a light lunch as we drove up through Seattle on our way to Mount Vernon to see Tulip Town. Traffic was bad, but not horrible as we headed North on the freeway. When we finally got off exit 221, we passed charming country homes and fields scattered with horses, cows, and sheep. By then, the clouds had broken up and we were inspired to open all our windows and the sunroof and try to absorb as much of the beautiful spring day as possible.
When we finally got out of the car we were greeted by thousands of people. Diversity abounding, many of the people in the fields had one thing in common: they were trying to take a picture for their next holiday card.

Other People's Pictures, Part 2

Other People's Photos

Other People's Pictures, Part 3

Other People's Pictures, Part 4

Other People's Pictures, Part 5

Other People's Pictures, Part 6

I had too much fun taking pictures of other people's pictures, as you can see.
After visiting Tulip Town and a few smaller fields that were scattered out along our Sunday Drive, we drove over to Tom's house so that my husband could see baby Klaire.
By the time we got home around six, we were beat. The beautiful sunshine had taken its toll and we just wanted to collapse on the couch. Which is exactly what we did.
The next thing I knew, it was nine and I was listening to the announcer on Direct TV. My husband and I had fallen asleep on the couch and had been listening to a repeating commercial for I-don't-know-how-long. As I reached for the remote, I woke him up. We smiled at each other, repositioned, and went back to sleep.
It was wonderful.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

It was wonderful. Sounds like. :)

Tulip Town. Wow!

Gail Peck said...

These are gorgeous images. It's been a while since I've visited and was so surprised to find your new layout--I like it--very clean and fresh looking.