April 03, 2007

Customer Service

I was starving. Completely famished. So I decided I'd take a walk and figure out where I wanted to eat. I'd over-done Asian cuisine lately and since I work in the International District of Seattle my options were limited. So I picked the one and only hamburger joint in the area.
As I was looking over the menu, a woman went up to the counter and asked if she could have a hamburger with two bottom buns as she couldn't have sesame seeds. At first the Asian woman behind the counter didn't understand her and when she finally realized what the woman was asking, she told her she didn't want to waste the tops of the buns.
(How fucking lame is that? Buns are suddenly very expensive? When did menial cost come before customer service?)
At that point I jumped in and offered to take the two top buns so she could order the hamburger she was craving. I hadn't really decided on having a burger but was so frustrated with the lack of concern that I felt I had to. Granted, I know it was just a hamburger and the woman would have survived without it. But OMG! The whole situation was completely ridiculous.

~I just opened my burger. One top bun, one bottom. I hope she got what she ordered.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Good for you for stepping to to solve the dilemma, where really, there should not have been. They might consider buying buns without seeds (not everybody is a fan).

I wonder what would have happened had the woman asked for the burger without a bun at all.

I was in a burger joint once and heard a patron order a Big Mickey (which is a double cheeseburger) sans, meat. It took a moment for the cashier to adjust to the request..but the did honor it without question or judgment.

Amaya said...

It frustrates me to no end when someone politely asks for something only to be turned away by a bitter hag when it really would have been no problem.