April 11, 2007

Good Timing (for me)

Logic and I are leaving for Hawaii this evening. We're going to visit some friends and, well, go to Hawaii. Everything's packed and we're rushing to catch the shuttle at 3:30 today.
In an effort to finish my to-do list early (hoping to eliminate any residue stress), I ran to the Post Office this morning to get Isaiah's birthday present in the mail. And as I'm walking, I see a man about 20 feet in front of me jump up from a bench and start yelling: "mother fucker! shit! shit! damnit! mother fucker!".
As I get closer, I see that he's wiping a large pile of bird shit off his head! A bird just shit all over his head! My first thought was how much that would suck. My second thought was how much that would suck for someone who pretends not to believe in superstition and who happens to be going on a plane in 8 hours.
I think I'll stay inside until it's time to catch the shuttle.
Wish me luck...

4 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

HAwaii, I almost moved there. Post if you can. Have fun!

Amaya said...

Thanks Guy! Not sure about posting, but if I feel inspired I will. I'll definitely have some pictures to show when I return.

Middle Girl said...

Much Luck (better late than never)?

Safe travels and much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

SO. JEALOUS!

Have a great trip, can't wait to see your pics!