November 13, 2007

Inappropriate Yoga Guy

Logic is out of town, which means I am not carpooling into work. I love this for several reasons (sorry Ozone):
-I can sleep in (my schedule is more flexible than his so as long as I get in my forty hours, I can pretty much come and go as I please)
-read above
-I can tailor my day around gym classes
So yesterday I woke up late and got into work with just enough time to work eight hours and get to the gym in time for yoga. But after rushing across town, changing clothes and unfolding my mat in a classroom with 27 other people (I counted), the instructor never showed. Two people went to the front desk to see what was going on and left without much information. There wasn't even so much as an apology, but that's another story. So as people began to file out of the room, one girl asked if anyone had any experience because she was really looking forward to this class.
Knowing full well what was about to happen, I decided to stick around for the entertainment value.
You see, there were these two guys that I'd noticed when we were waiting for the room to be available. They were your typical Inappropriate Yoga Guys.And it was obvious that they would be vying for the opportunity to show off in front of a group of girls.
I was right. One of them got up and starting explaining how uncomfortable he was with being in front of everyone (gag) and then proceeded to thrust his body from one awkward pose to another. After watching a few attempts at what he called yoga, I rolled up my mat and left.