June 19, 2008

A Day With Sun

Summer starts today, and what a long time coming. Our Spring was hardly a week long so I'm hoping Summer will compensate for the lack of good weather we've been having. When the sun is out, I am a different person. The glass if half-full on these days.
I don't mind working, I don't mind sitting around doing nothing, and I don't mind the crowds of cave-dwellers that emerge and devour the sidewalks of the city. Instead I take deeper, more relaxing breaths and I find enjoyment in every thing. Feeling the warm sun on my inviting skin is an experience I cherish. I stop whatever I am doing and relish in the feeling. My eyes closed, my breathing deep and a smile engulfing my face.
Ahhh, summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Summer to me is when the sun is shining brightly and I can hear the sound of a lawnmower and smell the just mown grass. This brings me back to the backyard of Lewiston and Tim or Tom mowing the yard.

Now summer is when the sun is shining and Allison & Isaiah are in the backyard blowing bubbles or eating popsicles, yelling at me for more strawberries or the sound of their laughter as they play.

Man, sometimes I wish these times could last forever. At least they'll be in my mind forever.