March 07, 2009

Good Things That My Former Employer Gave Me:

in list form

- a paycheck, obviously.. and security, but this isn't that kind of list

- a better understanding of computers and software
- a camera (yay to winning the contest in December)
- friends
- a box to bring my belongings home in which doubles as an awesome toy for the cats
- unemployment insurance
- seeing David Sedaris, Lewis Black, John Edwards, David Bach, Matisyahu, David Lynch, T-Bone Burnett, and The Presidents of the United States of America up close.
- a bus pass
- sushi and beer at Umi's
- lots of pizza
- the flexibility to take evening degree courses at UW
- Excel training
- free admission to the EMP, 5th Avenue Theater, a simulated Vegas in the Westin, and the Flight Museum
- loads of free books
- a greater appreciation for Asian style food
- daily access to the internet/IM/email
- dinner at Buca di Beppo's and pool at Jillian's Billiards

1 comment:

Gail Peck said...

YOU SAW DAVID SEDARIS????? I love DS. Years and years ago my son Matt gave my mom the book Naked to read. Bless his heart, he is such a good son. Anyway my mom loved him as do I. I am way jealous and awaiting the details!