March 26, 2009

While I Was Sleeping

Logic was in a meeting this morning that may have significant impact on our lives. While I laid in bed, sleeping after a grueling night of "My Mommy!, No! My Mommy!" arguing between the cats (my life is so tough), Logic was summoned into the conference room to learn that his boss was being transferred to another location, his team was merging with another, and a position that he is very interested in will be re-located to the Olympia branch.
His call, which woke me up, was full of anticipation and excitement. He is still interested in the position and wants to talk to me about how we can make it work while I finish school. It hadn't occurred to me that losing my job might set us up to make some drastic changes. But it seems to be one less thing tying us to Seattle. Part of me is sad.
I've grown to really care about Seattle. Once I got past the gloom, I saw the true beauty of the city which comes from its people. There are so many personalities roaming the 7 hills of Seattle and I don't know if I am ready to leave.
But, as I write this, I know I am getting ahead of myself. Logic works for the government which means nothing is going to happen overnight. And when it does happen, I know we will make the best decision for us.
It really is funny how one change can cause a domino effect in life. Already I am staring down a full-load at school and the possibility of supplementing my income by waiting tables - something I never thought I'd do again. But it just feels right.
I could have never imagined quitting my corporate job - with its 401(k), stock options, and paid vacation - to focus primarily on school and wait tables on the side. But since the situation was given to me, it seems like the best thing to do.
So I'm sure when it comes time to figure out Logic's next professional move, the situation will present itself with some great options for us. They may not be the ones I would choose for us now, but down the road they might just be perfect.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Someone said, "as one door closes, another opens" -or something like that.

Someone else said, "the one constant is change."

Embrace the positive and much luck and joy for the new, good things you will encounter.

Gail Peck said...

Because I read from the top down I'm heading into the recent past instead of the now which is why I'm commenting so late. This all just sounds right to me. Indeed, things do happen for a reason, something I've become more and more convinced about as I get older. I'm thinking good things are in the works for both of you!