February 08, 2008

The 40th Floor

Friday mornings are now becoming chat time with my friend, Liz. We both sneak out of our offices and meet at the Columbia Center (halfway between our buildings) for coffee and some girl talk. Yesterday our power went out and a few co-workers took me to that building (where my company has some offices) to take a peak at the Free Room. It's just as it sounds; rooms full of promo books and music - free for the taking. On that trip, I learned that TCC had a Starbucks on the 40th floor! We didn't have time to go there but when the option was presented this morning, Liz was as excited as I to see it.
So we took a special elevator, walked around the corner and there it was. 3 walls of windows overlooking the East view of downtown. It was pretty spectacular. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the interior, but here's a shot of the outside.

I think we have a new ritual.

2 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Very cool. That's what my wife's kids call our kitchen when they come to visit.

Gail Peck said...

This is an amazing picture--what fun for you. When I was working we never got a break--only lunch. In Orlando we don't even have any buildings this tall--I wish.