February 13, 2008

One of Those Weeks

Sometimes it's as if time gives me a break just so it can shove a year's worth of crap in my face all at once. Last week was typical: gym, school, Justin, home, work. But this week will be slightly different. Tomorrow I have school, like usual, but Friday is where things get tricky.
Logic will be driving me to the airport early Friday morning and I'll fly out to Dallas to say my goodbyes to an ailing Grandpa while simultaneously hugging my mom and loving my sisters. On top of that, I'll be catching up with a brother that I haven't seen in five fucking years! (way too long) and his family.
Everyone will scatter back home three or four days later, except for me. You see, before my Grandpa had a stroke, I'd booked a trip to Vegas. The option of canceling presented itself but I'm figuring a few days in the sun might be just what I need after a tumultuous weekend. Logic will be flying into Sin City on Monday and spending the day with our friends but I won't arrive until Tuesday (ticket pricing, you know). Tuesday through Thursday will hopefully consist of a few drinks and a lot of pool-time. Then I fly home just in time to attend classes on the 21st.
Here's hoping the week after will be back to normal.

3 comments:

Gail Peck said...

Life is boring for you now? It sounds like you have a lot going on to me. I'm sure the sun will perk you up considerably. I'm sorry about your Granpa. Have fun in Vegas--I see no mention of gambling. I hate gambling myself.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm tired just reading this.
Hope it all goes well- so sorry about your Grandpa. Hopefully Vegas will help you feel a little better...

Middle Girl said...

Sorry about your Grandpa. The opportunity to gather with family to say good-byes is bittersweet.

Have loads of fun, relaxin and re-charging the battery pack.

Safe travels.