February 05, 2008

Knock, Knock

Who's there?
It's me! Can you believe it!?!
I realize I've been phoning it in lately but I'm going to use the old tried-and-true school excuse.
Right now all my creative juices are being used to sound smart and witty in the classroom and there hasn't been any left over for this blog. So in honor of those juices that need to be reserved for academic purposes I am going to randomly write out the ideas swirling around in my noggin.
-Cable is the devil. Logic and I upgraded to the premium package and now have too much t.v. Between Orangutan Island, DIY, Sex in Independent Film (which was a little too graphic for my taste, actually), karaoke and even a yoga channel, I feel my soul depleting every time I hit the 'on' button.
-Vegas can't come soon enough; I haven't seen the sun in about 4 days now. February in the NW is a dirty bitch and I will be so glad to have a respite from it.
-It's amazing what a difference music makes during my work-outs. This morning I was struggling on the elliptical. I just wasn't feelin' it. But then (yeah, I'll admit it) Britney's "Break the Ice" came on and I was off and running. I get mesmerized by the beats and find my feet trying to stay in time.
-Every time I use a semi-colon ^(ex: "enough; I haven't") I hear Kurt Vonnegut in my head: "If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don’t have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you’ve been to college."
-My mom buys me a calendar every year for my cube. This year's is Live With Intention and the quote for the month is: "At first glance I loved you with a thousand hearts". It makes me smile and miss her every time I see it.

4 comments:

Gail Peck said...

Semicolons are my nemesis although they love you to use them in papers. Premium cable + schoolwork = trouble. Yeah for music--I'll be happy to make you a few cds and mail them--I've got around 3500 songs on iTunes that I love to share for your exercise. And now we know why they call people "sun worshipers." Hang in there....

Middle Girl said...

sun? what's that?

Love the quote. I shall be borrowing that, soon. ;)

Whiskeymarie said...

Random brilliant thoughts. I love it.

I have been "phoning it in" a bit lately too. I think the gray, crappy winter is starting to get to some of us.
We all deserve vacations.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to Vegas and for how long? Kev and I are going to visit my parents in Reno on Feb 23/24. I'm turning into a prune - can't wait to get out of here, if only for a couple days.