February 27, 2008

The Truth about Vegas

is that it blows.
I went into it thinking I would see some hookers and some sad old guys shriveling over slot machines but I didn't anticipate how dirty the city would be. Not only did it have litter everywhere, but it smelled like feces. And the worst thing of all was seeing minority people passing out prostitution cards, as if it were their only option for putting food on the table.
I was overwhelmed with the facade of it all. Oh yeah, and that smell.

2 comments:

Gail Peck said...

Las Vegas leaves me cold which is weird because of the heat but it is so phony that it's terribly sad. I was there about 30+ years ago then went back a couple years ago for one night--that was enough for me! It's a crime how much water and electricity they use to keep that place going.

Amaya said...

Yes, I agree.
I learned recently that more people travel to Las Vegas than to Mecca now. How sad is that?
And to think, the people from other countries that come here may see Vegas and think this is what it's like everywhere.