May 12, 2008

Cake


Logic and I went to see Cake at the Paramount last night.
When I found out they were coming to town I was excited but as time progressed I started to question whether I really wanted to go. I love them and have for a long time but the Sunday night thing was almost a deal-breaker. (god, I'm old)
Anyway, Logic hurt his knee over the weekend (going to the doctor today) and it was a struggle getting him to the show but once we were there we were glad we went.
At first I wasn't sure if I could get into it; they sounded so good that it felt like I was just listening to a cd. But then John started playing with the audience and the band played around with the arrangements. The disco ball helped too.
It turned out to be a great show.
When the band left the stage you would have thought there was an earthquake. People were screaming, clapping and stomping so loud that the building felt like it was actually shaking. They made us work for the encore... taking their time coming back to the stage, but it was worth it. They played three more songs and gave the crowd a voice lesson.
Today I am listening to the three albums I have at work and smiling at the memories that were made last night.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm impressed- I don't think I could rally for ANY show on a Sunday night these days.
But it sounds like you had fun!