May 19, 2008

No More Roseburg

With George needing his antibiotics twice a day for two weeks, Logic and I won't be able to drive down to Roseburg for a four day weekend as we'd originally planned.
We haven't been to Roseburg since Christmas, so it would have been nice to see his family but at the same time, I'm relieved that it didn't work out.
We would have driven 6 hours home on Tuesday only for me to turn around and fly to Michigan on Wednesday. And with the anxiety-filled weekend I just finished, I think I might need some down time before my big trip.
I wish I didn't get like this. When I'm not in the puddle of anxiety that sometimes surrounds me, I can't even remember what it was like, but as I'm wading through the muddy waters, it's as if it never ends. I can't recall what it feels like to not be anxious.
With Roseburg aside, my next dilemma presents itself: what am I going to do with 4 days off this weekend? Sometimes too much is just as bad as not enough free time. It gives me time to really sink into the anxiety in a way I wouldn't have time for otherwise.

No comments: