May 23, 2008

Jacket Season

I used to think that Summer was my favorite time of year. It probably had something to do with more vacations, the waning of my allergies and a more consistently blue sky. But now that I can take a vacation whenever I want, I have my allergies under control and I live in Seattle (where blue skies are relative) I've come to realize that Spring is by far my favorite time of the year.
In Seattle especially, spring is when everything comes out of hibernation. The flowers bloom, the birds return and everything turns from brown to green. It is a magical thing to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's no place prettier in Spring than Seattle when it's sunny. I just wish it were sunny more often! (Wait, didn't I already tell you this today? I just can't stop whining...)