May 23, 2008

Just As You've Said

My friend Gail wrote a reply to some of my blogs this morning and I truly believe, just as she said, that God works in mysterious ways. One of those ways is finding a friend through flickr.
I stumbled upon Gail's flickr site over a year ago. I was having a particularly rough day and was in desperate need of some cheer. I really don't remember how I found her, but I remember saving some of her flower pictures as 'favorites' and receiving my first email about a day later. Throughout the next year we have talked about pictures, family, work and even a little bit about faith.
Here's a sample of our most recent conversation:
"in my heart I know that some day [my son] will probably understand that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." When we pray, although it makes NO logical sense, it helps us to think that we are not in this thing we called life alone. We may not understand God, and that's ok, we hardly understand the people we see with our eyes everyday!"
Her words really resonated with me and I cannot express how much I needed to hear that.
Thank you Gail.

No comments: