October 26, 2007

A Tale of What Might Have Been, Had My Conscience Not Gotten In The Way

Let it be said that Logic and I hate Halloween. From the parties and costumes to the snotty nosed kids. But when we found out our friend, Don was having a costume party at his house we were excited. His parties are always fun and we hadn't seen that group of friends in a while so we agreed to go.
I'm not even sure how it transpired, but Logic and I decided that he'd dress up as a priest and I would be an altar boy (wig, freckles and all). We both got a real kick out of the idea and immediately started shopping for our costumes.
But something happened between then and now and we're starting to feel guilty. (Damn that Catholic guilt!) Sure, the plan was to shock but we certainly don't want to offend any of our friends and we're suddenly afraid that we're taking it too far.
What do you think? Would you be offended? And if so, do you have any suggestions as to how my costume can still compliment Logic's priest getup?

*Update:
I think I've come up with another costume. How about this:
Logic is still a priest and I'll be a rabbi. We'll be a literal joke: A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar...
Any takers?

3 comments:

Gail Peck said...

Probably the second idea is safer.You know the whole sex scandal thing might get people riled up. I am going as a cat thanks to Michelle. I too hate Halloween and dressing up but we're doing it for our son.

Amaya said...

It was a good thing we went with the Rabbi/Priest combo. Let's just say it would have been really awkward.

Middle Girl said...

Glad you went with your second thought and it worked out ok. I don't hate Halloween, but I don't participate in most of the ritual festivities, for a variety of reasons. Since the kids are no longer kids--it's just a another day around my land. This 10/31 will be the first in many that I'm not working in the evening.