January 02, 2007

Break Time

I have been a little down at work lately. And after a long talk with Logic last night, I've decided to try and change some things. Things within my day that might make a difference in my attitude. For one, I never take a break. Not sure why, but I never get around to leaving my desk. So I am choosing to not only leave my desk twice a day, but to also go outside - regardless of the weather.
I guess you could call this a New Years resolution, although an odd one. Who resolves to leave their work desk more?
Anyway, today being the first day of the rest of my life, I promptly got off my ass at 10:00 this morning and did a loop around the block. At 3:00 I stepped outside for the same loop when I was suddenly compelled to call my sister and brighten her day.
I dialed her number, and as soon as she answered the phone I broke in with the reason for my call. I kept things short and sweet. Only taking enough time to give her 2 reasons why I love her. She nearly started crying. I reminded her this was to cheer her up and then requested she call someone else and do the same thing.
It was a pretty great break. Maybe I'll do the same for someone else tomorrow.

No comments: