December 28, 2006

Pay It Forward

Did you watch Oprah's season premiere this year? If you did, you saw that her yearly surprise was not to give cars to everyone in the audience. Instead she chose to 'pay it forward'. She gave everyone in her audience $1000 with the understanding that they would, in turn, give it to someone else.
Some people sat in grocery store parking lots and gave cash to strangers, others donated to their favorite cause. But even as I watched the show and saw how inspired some of the people were, I couldn't decide what I would do if given that opportunity.
Last night I figured it out.
Logic and I have had a movie sitting on our t.v. for a few weeks now. With all the renovation and family visits we haven't had time to relax and watch much of anything. But last night we finally sat down to watch An Inconvenient Truth.
If you haven't seen the movie, I would highly recommend it - regardless of your political affiliation. If you've seen it, I would highly recomment that you tell someone to see it.
If I had a thousand dollars to give away, I would buy 50 copies of that movie and give them to strangers. And hope that after they watched it, they would pass it along until everyone had seen it.

1 comment:

kris said...

Well, you've paid it forward to me. I haven't seen it, but think now may be the time . . .

Happy 2007!!!

kris