September 23, 2008

10 Years

Next week will be the 10 year anniversary of Logic's and my first kiss. Since that time, it has been like pulling teeth to get him to celebrate anniversaries and Valentine's Days. I knew he wasn't a romantic guy when I married him but I guess I was still holding out that one day he would surprise me and I'd come home to find my bags packed and all the details arranged so we could slip away to Fiji for the week.
Okay, so that's a little extreme - especially coming from someone who thinks that Valentine's Day is too contrived and that he shouldn't be told when to buy me flowers or chocolates. But a girl can dream, right?
Last night I realized that's what it is... a dream. I guess this whole time I've been waiting for something to happen without realizing it's just a figment of my imagination. So I'm sure you can understand why I was upset when I learned that his sister's move-in date for her new apartment was pushed back yet another week and he wants to spend our 10 year anniversary helping her unpack. It was at that very moment that I realized my dream wouldn't be coming true.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Maybe you could surprise him. He might return the gesture...someday.


Happy, happy.