September 16, 2008

Kihl and His Baby Mama

A few months back I mentioned how my brother, Kihl, told me that he was going to be a dad and how I thought he was just fucking with me like he always does. Then a few factors came into play that lead me to believe that he may have been telling the truth. 1) My sister called and spoke with such a high pitch that I couldn't understand her but after calming her down, I discovered that Kihl told her that his girlfriend was pregnant and that I was the only other person who knew. 2)About a month after that I got a phone call from my parents, who also were so excited that it was hard to understand them. But I was still trepidatious because afterall, it was Kihl.
But today I sit with invitation in hand, waiting in anticipation for this afternoon when I am going to Kihl's house for a bbq and actually SEEING his girlfriend. This will be the defining moment.
I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Sure sounds like someone is ready to pass out cigars.

Probably a safe bet to wait for the sure thing...considering.

Gail Peck said...

Using trepidatious in a sentence is mighty impressive--must be all that book learning you're doing. Seriously, this could prove interesting. You're taking a wait and see attitude until proven otherwise.