June 01, 2006

Naming your...

One thing you should know about me - I do NOT like Adam Carolla. I find him to be amateurish and obscenely insensitive.
I don't listen to his morning show. And I've gone so far as to say that I "boycott" anything that he's involved with because I don't want to encourage his career.
Having said that, I heard about his show yesterday. He suggested that women name their vaginas after a band. This pissed me off AND intrigued me. I'm sure his intention was sophomoric and vulgar, but it got me thinking... why haven't women done that already? Men have been naming their penis's for ages. And as much as I tried to compose myself and think of more pressing issues such as Danfur or hurricane season, I couldn't help but come up with a list of my own. So if you have the humor of a 12 year old boy - you might appreciate this:

Good names:
Kiss (very cliche, I know)
Flaming Lips (that is one that Logic came up with)
Cake
Better than Ezra
Pearl Jam (ha!)
Red Hot Chili Pepper
Keane
Oasis
TLC
Trick Pony
Interpol - this one is my favorite
Boyz II Men
Sugarland
Naughty By Nature
Sublime
Queen
Simply Red
Bush
Nirvana

For my lesbian friends out there:
Jane's Addiction
Marcy Playground

Some that almost work:
Barenaked Ladies
Goo Goo Dolls (ew)

Names not to give your vagina:
NOFX
Foo Fighter
Weezer (heh)
Ok Go
Death Cab for Cutie
Gorillaz
Jagged Edge
Blues Traveler
Guns N Roses
Hootie and the Blowfish - actually this one is just funny
House of Pain
Nine Inch Nails
Garbage
Hinder
U2
Matchbox 20
The Used
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Outkast
Smashing Pumpkins
They Might Be Giants
Take 6
Violent Femmes
Nappy Roots
Hoobastank
Next
Finger 11
Hole
Alien Ant Farm
Flogging Molly
Crazy Town
Terror Squad
Poison
Fatboy Slim

Okay, so I got a little carried away. But it was fun. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...

For the "don't use" category:

-Snow Patrol
-A Girl Named Eddie
-Arcade Fire
-bigSir

For the "Use" category:

-Bif Naked
-Daddy Yankee
-Groove Armada

Lachlan