February 06, 2007

Greenlake

Logic and I used to live in North Seattle. We settled into Greenwood when we moved here from Florida and stayed for a year until we found our condo. During our time in Greenwood, I was trying to start up my own business and found myself with a very sporadic schedule and a lot of stress. Since Greenlake was only a few miles from my apartment, I would often drive down the hill and jog the 3 mile trail to burn off some steam.
(Greenlake is a beautiful natural park that some even compare to Central Park. They both have gorgeous scenery, walking trails, playing fields and constant bustle. Only, Greenlake is much smaller.)
After Logic and I moved into our condo I found a few new places to jog and even got a gym membership. I rarely find reason to drive up North and haven't jogged Greenlake in over a year. So when I recently scheduled an appointment near there, I wanted to make sure I had enough time to get in a good jog before I headed back into downtown.
I woke up this morning and put on my nicest jogging clothes,(since I work in a relaxed environment, I knew this wouldn't be a problem) packed a water bottle and some gloves and headed off to work. When 12:30 rolled around, my appointment was over and I was at the lake. The sky was overcast but the sun was trying it's hardest to make an appearance. There was a slight breeze and it was around 50 degrees - Perfect jogging weather!
I turned on my iPod and got into a rhythm.
Bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot be
Ikaw ang aking
My feet were moving in time with the music and I was reminded of how much I love my old friend, Greenlake.

No comments: