February 23, 2007

Music Is Making Me Sick

Do you ever just get tired of music?
I am having a hard time listening to it lately. I used to be a fan of most genres but now find myself deleting pop, indie rock, rap, r&b, and emo from my iPod.
Some I won't miss. For example: pop music. I've always hated the fact that I like pop, with it's teeny-bopper lyrics and overly airbrushed stars. But leaving r&b behind has been tough. r&b has been like a brother to me. It's gotten me through some rough times and also reminded me how much I love to dance. Yet lately, that's not enough.
It all seems so manufactured now. So out of touch with the real concept of music - art.
But what I find so frustrating is that even Sam Cooke and Stevie Wonder aren't able to pull me out of this rut. I've come to realize I'm overstimulated most of the day and when I add music to that it seems to elevate the feeling.
I sure hope this goes away soon. I miss switching the channel on the radio and getting excited because an oldie-but-goodie is on. Singing loudly in the car or dancing in my living room are also distant memories. Memories I wish to recreate sometime soon.
HELP! Music is making me sick!

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Oh no..that's awful. I cannot imagine my day without my tunes. I don't have an ipod..so I don't walk around with preferred sounds in my ears all the time..but still.

I do hope you snap out of it...soon. If Sam and Stevie aren't doing for you...the situation is critical. I'm keeping a good vibe thought for you. :)

Amaya said...

A friend suggested I try something completely different so I'm trying to get into jazz. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.
Thanks for the positive thoughts.