February 19, 2007

I Hate Pizza Hut

This is how it went down:
7:06 - I logged onto pizzahut.com
- Ordered 1 large cheesy-bites pineapple pizza and 1 order of boneless buffalo wings
- I was quoted 1 hour for delivery
8:06 - no pizza. no wings
8:15 - spoke with Heather at my local Pizza Hut location. She claimed our driver was on his way to our house
8:30 - spoke with Heather again. She offered to have her manager call the driver. At this point I was extremely frustrated. I couldn't believe they're only consolation was to call the driver. After a quick and firm conversation the only thing I got was a $10 credit for our next purchase.
8:40 - food arrives. cold pizza, wings WITH bones and no dipping sauce.
I hate Pizza Hut.

5 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Thankfully, I am 1) on a diet -that doesn't include pizza of any kind and 2) our closest Pizza Hut is too far away for deliveries.

I'd ordered some pizzas some time back from a small independent pizzaria 4 blocks away--it took nearly 2 hours. (I didn't go pick it up because it was raining-hard) and I don't drive.

If not for my daughter, I would never order pizza again..from anyone.

Amaya said...

You know, it's not even about pizza. Customer service in general is in the crapper these days. And it seems that no one cares.

Middle Girl said...

I couldn't agree more. Customer Service, or rather, lack thereof is one of the primary reasons I -detest- shopping, in general. Face-to-face, phone even in email, folks have a general disregard for jobs well done and / or customer satisfaction.

Amaya said...

UPDATE: I just received a call from a woman who will be taking over the pizza hut near my house. She apologized and offered a $20 voucher for our next purchase.
I guess it helps when you call corporate. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just had this happen to me. i ordered a medium canadian pizza. estimated time of 6:12, at 7 i phoned and asked why the pizza isnt here yet, they said they hadn't even made the pizza yet. i phoned again later and they canceled my order.