February 23, 2007

The Cosby Show

I grew up thinking Cliff and Claire Huxtable were a real couple living in New York with their family. (Don't worry, I realized around the age of 8 that it was a television show.) But regardless of the fact that they were an imaginary family, I loved them! Still do, actually. The Cosby Show is one of the few shows that I can still watch and enjoy.
So a few weeks ago, when there was a marathon of Cosby Shows on a local t.v. station in New Mexico, my parents decided to record it and send the tape (yes, tape) to me.
In what can only be described as a sweet gesture, they anticipated I would open the box and immediately sit in front of the t.v. and VCR and watch hours of my favorite show.
Sadly, I don't even know where my VCR is. But that doesn't take away from the feeling I get when I look at the casette. I can't help but smile everytime I see it.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

That is just sooo sweet. :)

Amaya said...

Sometimes I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world - having 2 parents like I do.