June 11, 2007

Adulthood

I had the best day yesterday. It started out earlier than I expected. I was up and making breakfast by 9. I cooked some turkey bacon and then decided to make strawberry smoothies. Not the best combination, but as I told my sister, it included 3 major food groups: dairy, fruit and protein. After the smoothie, Logic suggested we go for a walk so we headed north toward Alki Beach and then looped back around on a side street. When we returned home, he decided to call his mom for her weekly update and I read my book.
When he finished talking to his mom, Logic suggested we finish our walk. This time we headed south and I remembered to bring my trusty camera. We started out along the water and soon made our way up a major hill to the top of Alki. Once there, we continued on up another large hill and past the junior high. At that point, I suggested we walk to the high school because I'd been wanting to take pictures of that. We headed west until I was content with my pictures and then made the ascension back down the hills. By the time we got home, it was already 3:00 in the afternoon! We grabbed some gatorade and watched Mary Poppins.
It was a really great day!

It wasn't until I read this post that I realized how much I've changed in the last few years. Had this been a perfect Sunday just three years ago, I would have slept until 1:00, had leftover pizza, and recovered from my hangover while watching MTV all afternoon. How quickly things change. I wonder what my ideal Sunday will be 3 years from now?

3 comments:

Gail Peck said...

It sounds like a wonderful day to me--taking photographs, walking, and spending time with your sweetie.

Middle Girl said...

Ahhhh... the simple pleasures. Maybe in 3 years, they will be even more so. More simple and even more pleasurable.

Amaya said...

If time has a pattern, you will be correct. I seem to find joy in the little things and I hope that continues.