June 01, 2007

Are You SoCal or Seattle?

Yesterday I learned that friend of mine hates the sunshine. She said being in a place like SoCal makes her feel crazy. In mock agreement I said, "yeah, I much prefer one large cloud covering the entire sky." Her response: "definitely!". She wasn't joking.
I find this very intriguing. First off, I've never met anyone like her before. Second, I am the absolute opposite. SoCal is where my dreams reside. Sunshine all day is heaven to me.
What side of the discussion do you relate to? Are you SoCal or Seattle?

5 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I moved to the Oregon Coast for the gloom.

Amaya said...

What is it about the gloom that you like?

The Guy Who Writes This said...

It's not warm and you don't have to squint. Also it is quiet outside.

Gail Peck said...

You know which side of the debate I'm on! Sunshine RULES.

Middle Girl said...

All day, every day of either would get me down. I'd like more variety. Maybe not quite as much as Cheecahgo can offer in a day, some days. But I'm used to it now.