June 19, 2007

Miss Greek

Since last November when I started going to the gym, I have changed my routine quite a bit. First it was 30 minutes of the eliptical, then 10 minutes of that plus 20 minutes of weights, then mostly weights, then just the treadmill and now just the eliptical. All the while, I've seen one particular girl come in at varying times of the day and use the same machine.
One of the first few times I noticed her, I was with my friend Daniel. He also noticed that she was always there and we began calling her Miss Greek, based on the sorority shirts she often wore.
Since that time months ago, she has consistently stayed on that one particular machine and she always takes control of the t.v. in front of her. At first we talked about her because she was bitchy. Always needing to be in control of the t.v. and yelling at anyone who tried to change the channel. But since then it has grown into concern.
I, too, am a frequent 'ciser' (as Logic would call it, in his typical abbreviated form) but she is there all the time. I even saw her there at 7:00 on Monday. Typically she arrives at 4:00!
Should I be worried that she works out for hours every day? And is withering away? Is it my place to say anything to the staff?
What would you do in that situation?

No comments: