June 12, 2007

My Very First Kiss

I was four and he was five. We spent all of our time together. It was the first time I liked a boy without knowing why. His little brother would follow us everywhere, wanting to play. We would find new places to hide.
This time it was under his bunk bed. The bedding dropped to the floor, protecting us from the light and from getting caught. I remember it well. Even then, it was a surge of energy. At such a young age, I felt a spark. Right as we kissed his brother lifted up the comforter to find us and then scurried through the house, trying to find his mom so he could tell on us. I don't remember getting in trouble, but if I did it was worth it.

5 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Very cute. We all remember our first. Nothing like it, is there?

Amaya said...

Nope. It almost felt magical.

Gail Peck said...

The writing in this little vignette is very good. I felt as if I were under that bed.

Middle Girl said...

Yes, quite good and yes, nothing quite like the first time(s). ;)

Amaya said...

Yes, you can relate based on recent events, I'm sure.