July 13, 2007

If You Love Something, Let It Go

Logic and I were living in the same town for about 6 months when he dropped a bomb on me. We'd had a busy day and were lounging on the couch in my apartment.
Him: Do you ever worry the maybe we're wasting time?
Me: What do you mean?
Him: What if we're not THE ONE for each other? Doesn't that worry you?
Me: No. I figure if it's going to work out, it's going to work out.*
At that point, the conversation escalated to the point that I thought we'd broken up (he thought we were just fighting). He called every day for the next four days. Finally, by the fourth day I told him that he couldn't keep calling me if he didn't know what he wanted. The next morning he was at my door. We talked for hours and decided we wanted to see where the relationship would go. It was a slow progression because I was hesitant but I am so glad we chose to stick it out.
He came back to me.



* story is 7 years old so the details are blurry. conversation was generalized.

No comments: