July 12, 2007

My Trip to Utah

I guess I went into my trip with the right attitude because I ended up having a great time. Sure it was hectic and I didn't get much sleep, but I also made some great memories.
1) On the drive from Salt Lake City to the wedding site in Southeast Utah Logic's sister and I sat in the back of the van and giggled 80% of the drive.
2) The ride through Canyonlands was stunning. There were some very windy roads but the views were incredible.
3) The Bed and Breakfast that hosted the wedding and reception was tucked into the mountains. I loved it! We stayed in a cabin and it felt so isolated. We felt like we were by ourselves when at the cabin but if we crossed the street and walked up a hill, we were in the middle of the action.
4) The wedding was beautiful and I was crying within the first 5 minutes.
5) The reception was a crazy party. Plenty of beer, spiked punch, cowboy hats, karaoke, line dancing, some hip-hop mixed in, great conversation, and even an authentic fight.
6) A drive to Dead Horse Point reminded me of the Grand Canyon. The scenery was opposite of the Northwest which was a refreshing change: red rock, deep ravines, seeing for miles.
7) On an early morning hike to Delicate Arch I had one of the best hikes of my life. Logic's sister and Logic woke up at 5 am with me to hike up a huge rock and trek up a mountain to one of the most amazing views I've ever seen.
But it was the little moments with family that I'll cherish the most.

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Gorgeous pics!
Sounds like you had a good time.
It's funny that there was a bona fide fight- I thought that only my family did those sorts of things...
;)

Gail Peck said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time--your pictures showed it!