July 05, 2007

This is Not a Vacation

I'll be flying from Washington to Utah tonight. I'll stay at Grandma's house tonight and then drive 4 hours tomorrow. I will attend a wedding on Saturday and spend the night in a lodge up in the mountains. Then I'll drive 4 hours back to Grandma's on Monday and fly home on Tuesday.
Anytime off from work fits into the category of 'vacation' by most standards but this is the exception. You see, there are certain factors that prevent me from relaxing (vital for actual vacationing).
1) The trip is already planned out and I wasn't consulted.
2) Nieces and Nephews will require a lot of attention (more exhaustion).
3) I won't have my own car/space for 5 days. I will be at the mercy of others, which I rarely enjoy.
BUT, being the pseudo-optimist that I am, I'm going to try and focus on that one ray of sunshine: the lodge. I've been craving some isolation from city life and that lodge has my name written all over it. And who knows, maybe my lack of expectations will be just the thing. If I don't look forward to anything, I won't be disappointed right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged, girlfriend. : )

Whiskeymarie said...

Way to see the positive!
Have a good time- try to relax despite the frenetic pace...

Gail Peck said...

You darling girl--I can totally relate, I like to have some mystery associated with a vacation. I'll be looking for pictures!