August 29, 2007

A Little Less Ice, A Little More Cream

Well, my reign as Dessert Maker Supreme ended last night.
I've been on a dessert kick lately. First it was Eclair Cake (yum), then Peanut Butter Cream Pie (magnifico) and on Monday I attempted to make homemade Peach Ice Cream. I brought the ice cream over to my friend's for dinner and as the moment-of-truth arrived I was disappointed in the texture. It was more like frozen juice than actual ice cream. Granted, I don't own an ice cream maker so all the stirring was done with a mixer but I still anticipated greatness. After all, my two prior attempts at dessert were pretty remarkable, if I must say so myself.
Plan of Action: make another dessert as soon as possible to boost my culinary self-esteem.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Hmmm, peach ice cream sounds delectable. Too bad it didn't turn out as planned. Try again. The others sound yummy too.

I think I shall leave the desserts off the recipe hunt list. I'm much too vulnerable. ;)

Gail Peck said...

We have wonderful South Carolina peaches right now and I made peach ice cream last week. I shared most with our neighbors as I would just let it sit. Ask for a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for Christmas. It works wonderfully and you can make sorbet as well. Plus, it's super easy.