August 15, 2007

What's So Odd About That?

At 3:15, I left work and took the half-hour bus ride to the gym. I walked down the stairs and into the locker room and as soon as I turned the corner I was confronted with a small older lady.
Now, before I continue I'd like to give a disclaimer. I've seen some weird/gross shit in the locker room before. (IE when is it ever okay to sit on a communal bench completely naked?) But yesterday took the cake.
See, the older woman was standing in front of a large mirror, in her jacket and nothing else!!! and she was covering her legs with large amounts vasoline. After lubing herself up she stopped, stared in the mirror, and proceeded to pick her nose.
By then, I'd changed my clothes and headed toward the bathroom. And when I returned she was standing at the hand-dryer completely naked, lifting her leg up to dry her foot.
Now tell me that wouldn't ruin your day.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Drying her foot? Hmmm.. well, I don't know about ruining my day but it certainly would have given me something to talk about over dinner. Sheesh, some people.

Whiskeymarie said...

Dear god, have some shame people!
I have very little- and I still would NOT do that.
Ick.