December 08, 2007

Share a Story, and a Meal

Sometimes it's easy to feel helpless. For example, on my way to work, I pass a part of town that is popular with Seattle's homeless. There's usually a person or two begging for money at the off-ramp, but for that one person, there are four more huddled together in a car or finding shelter under the bridge.
When I can, I try to share my lunch but as I pass along my orange or my sandwich, I can see the huddle of people in the shadows and my attempt to help suddenly doesn't feel like enough.
I'm sure you can think of a time when your gesture to help didn't seem like enough either. But at least you did something. Helping one person in their struggle just might pay it forward, so to speak. So if you'd like to pay it forward today, here's your chance. Why not share a story here?
For every story you share, Country Crock will donate a meal through Second Harvest.
Go on. I'm sure you can think of something.

No comments: