December 21, 2007

The Year in Review - 2007

I was signing Holiday cards the other day and it got me thinking about the things I wanted to share with my friends; things that I may have forgotten to tell them through email, text or phone calls. This, in turn, got me thinking about what an amazing year I've had. And how little time I've taken to appreciate it. (In an effort to have more time to appreciate it, I'm going to write in list form to speed this up.)

JANUARY

-Drove 7 hours to Willamette Pass to go on a ski trip that didn’t actually involve any skiing (but was still fun).
-Visited by Logic's parents
-Discovered that I have an introvert living inside me who enjoys reading, writing and exercise just as much as the extrovert likes social interaction.

FEBRUARY

-My friend, Melanie won the Card Counting Competition at the Bellagio, breaking the record with 7.8 seconds!
-Received a VHS tape from my parents of a marathon of Cosby Show episodes. Even though I couldn’t find my VCR, I loved their intention. It made me smile.
-Got my groove back in a Hip Hop class
-Fell in love with Flickr

MARCH

-Learned some interesting trivia (ex: All polar bears are left handed.)
-Received a sweet letter from my three year old niece asking me to come play with her.
-Took the wrong bus again and wound up in Lynnwood (30 minutes north of my destination)

APRIL

-Narrowly missed getting crapped on by a bird
-Went to HAWAII
-Did a trial run a month before I was actually supposed to go to a Bridal Shower

MAY

-Hurt my back again
-Went to a funeral
-Went through jogging-withdrawl
-Celebrated my 5th year wedding anniversary

JUNE

-Saw Barack Obama and Austin Scarlett within a week of each other
-Booty continued to get bigger despite regular gym schedule
-Logic turned 27
-Gave my old therapist the boot

JULY

-Spent the weekend before Paige’s 30th Anniversary of her Adoption with her and her children
-Visited Moab, Utah for the first time. Stayed in a cabin and hiked to Arches National Park
-Watched The Last King of Scotland and had nightmares for weeks
-Went to my first Gay Pride Parade

AUGUST

-Bawled my eyes out during a Mia Michaels choreographed dance


-St. Augustine, Florida turned 442 years old
-Learned a new form of abstract art from my mom
- Took a trip to Bainbridge Island to tour the Bloedel Reserve
-Cried most of the way through Out of Africa
-Hit Allison in the face with a soccer ball not once, not twice, but three times! Later won the award for worst Aunt ever
-Tried making home made ice cream with disgusting results

SEPTEMBER

-Went camping at Mt Rainier
-Saw a few Mariner’s games
-Met up with a childhood friend
-Flew to Spokane to see Keith Urban (whoohoo!) and to spend the weekend with 2 sisters and a brother
-Went to Jury Duty for the first time and discovered that I rather liked it
-Bought a new-to-me Volvo

OCTOBER

-Read “Eat, Pray, Love” for the first time (I’m on round 2 right now)
-Turned 28
-Went bowling with my work crew and actually had some fun
-Spent my birthday with my parents and husband
-Traveled to Victoria, B.C.
-Found a new therapist after having a mini-meltdown in Canada
-Discovered Lush

NOVEMBER

-Spent Thanksgiving with three dudes
-Had a visit from Paige and her family

DECEMBER

-Celebrated Allison’s 4th Birthday with her
-Endured a big storm
-Got permission from Jesus himself not to believe in him
-Received an amazing compliment from a writer I admire

I'll be finishing out the year with a trip to Oregon for Christmas with Logic's family and a quick visit from Paige. And then before ringing in the new year, I'll be going to the Symphony with Logic and Daniel.

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I think you've had a pretty darn good year.
I love how reflective we all get this time of year. This is a good thing about blogging- we can go back and see what our ups and downs were and see all of our accomplishments that we may have otherwise forgotten.
Nice post!

Gail Peck said...

I might include your new camera and increased interest in not only other's photography but your own. It's a kind of therapy unto it's own. I hadn't thought to do this but hmmm...