July 17, 2008

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

Last night as I was lying in bed, Logic was in the shower so George took the opportunity to come cuddle with me. I was lying on my side, head resting on one arm while the other one was petting him. And because of the angle I was in, I could feel the cool, quick breaths coming from George's pink nose. I rubbed under his chin, around his ears, on his nose; all his favorite places. And although he didn't purr (which is rare), the sensation of having his soft breath on my face was reward enough. I basked in the kitty-love for a minute or two until I heard the shower turn off. Knowing that 1) as soon as Logic entered the room George would scamper as if he'd never cared an ounce for me in the first place and 2) as soon as Logic entered the room I might forget what happened, so I needed to write it down.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Awww..my Pete is working his way up to cuddly. He is, however, taking the scenic route.