July 14, 2008

I Need a Weekend to Recuperate From My Weekend - and So Will You After You Finish Reading This

After work on Friday, I met up with Logic and some of his co-workers at Taphouse for a birthday party. There must have been at least 20 people that showed up and we managed to find 2 large booths next to each other. It was chaotic, loud, and fun; just what any 23 year old wants out of a birthday. We stayed until 10:00 and I was still wide awake when we got home so I watched t.v. until midnight and before convincing myself that sleep was required.

When I woke up on Saturday it was too late for my Hip-Hop class but I still had time to make 11:30 Yoga. I hadn't been in over a month and it took some serious self-discipline to get off my ass and go there but I'm so glad I went. I have yet to find anything that compares to the way I feel after a good yoga class.

After class I had to run some errands so I didn't get home until 4:00. I had three hours to get ready for Lach and Bayou's housewarming party so the first thing I did was lie on the couch. At 6:00 I decided that I should probably shower before we left ( ;)). A half hour later Logic came into the bathroom to tell me I missed a phone call. So I checked my messages and it was my cousin Andy from Michigan.

He had contacted me earlier in the week to tell me that he and his friend, Eric were going to be in Washington. They were taking a ten-day camping trip through the Cascades and Olympics and figured they'd be in Seattle early next week. Well, after three days in the Cascades they decided they'd seen enough and were driving into the city. They wanted suggestions for a good bar and we ended up meeting them at Pike's Place Pub and Brewery later that night. But first we drove over to Lachlan and Bayou's and spent some quality time with twenty of their closest friends.

By the time Andy and Eric reached Seattle it was after 10. When they called and asked if we wanted to meet up with them downtown I thought we'd say hi and head home. Wrong! We ended up staying there until midnight and then bringing the party back to our place. Toward the end of the night I asked where they were staying and they both went silent. We offered to let them crash on our floor and they were adamant that they didn't want to impose. Their plan was to continue driving until they reached the coast and then to sleep in their rental car but Logic and I insisted they stay with us (boy did they trick us into thinking it was our idea ;)). We were all exhausted but we still managed to stay up until 2 am talking! Finally, the conversation started to slow down and I suggested we get some sleep.

After rubbing the sleep out of our eyes, we went to Alki Cafe for breakfast on Sunday morning. It was a beautiful day so we took the guys on a walk around Alki Point before heading back to the condo so they could take a quick nap before hitting the road. They left around 1, which gave Logic and I just enough time to shower before driving over to Daniel's. We met up with Daniel and Ishmael and then walked over to McCormick's for a quick drink before setting sail on an Argosy Lakes Cruise around Lakes Union and Washington. It was the perfect weather! The sun was high in the sky and the breeze off the water was just enough to cool us down. The cruise lasted about 2 hours (not a three hour tour) and turned out to be very educational and entertaining (insert booze cruise).

We docked around 5:00 and walked across the street to Buca di Beppo's for dinner. I ate myself into a food coma and was ready to head home but the boys wanted to play the wii so we drove over to Ishmael's. I crashed on his couch while the boys played. I was so tired that I didn't even care whether or not I snored in the midst of their game playing. I woke up at 8:30 and suggested that Logic and I go home. We walked through the door, exhausted, around 9 but I didn't get to bed until 10:30 because a friend called to finalize her plans to visit at the end of the month.

It looks like Justin and I may have a few days to recover but if this week is anything like last, we'll have spontaneous phone calls from out of town friends and relatives and not get much rest at all. I sure hope we get a break though. Andy and Eric will be coming back on Friday and staying the night before flying back to Michigan on Saturday evening. When they get back on Friday we'll be meeting up with them for dinner and a Mariner's game. And before their flight on Saturday night, we'll also be showing them around the city. They seemed interested in going to the Space Needle and seeing Doc's Underground Tour and I'm guessing there will be some more drinking involved. Yes, I will definitely need to recuperate before they come back.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

Holy crap- that's a lot for one weekend.
But I'm glad you did a ton as I will be in Seattle for two days later this month and need some ideas for places to go.
So, thanks for being busy!