November 09, 2006

Gift Ideas

What do you get someone who has everything?
My brother-in-law is celebrating his birthday next Tuesday and he and my sister will be spending this weekend with Logic and I.
I want to have his gift ready to open when they get here. But I have NO idea what to get him. And my sister is having a hard time giving suggestions. Please help!
Here is some background info on him:
He is a computer programmer
He loves Oregon State University and owns multiple OSU shirts/accessories
He has nearly every cd/dvd ever made
He knows everything about everything and wins at anything he plays
He is a dad to a 2 year old daughter and a 6 month old son
He collects baseballs (but I'm not sure which ones he has already)
He loves woodworking/tools and makes his own pens
He has his own website where he sells tools
He's a good photographer who enjoys framing his own work and has a few cameras
He rarely drinks alcohol or coffee and enjoys a good Pepsi or Mountain Dew
He makes a mean batch of sugar cookies
He is a Dodger's fan

See where I'm coming from here? I typically pride myself on being a good gift giver. But I'm stumped. Anything you can come up with would be so helpful!

4 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Is he a reader?

Jos said...

Fruit basket? Gift certificate to his favorite DVD store so he can buy future stuff?

Middle Girl said...

Check out www.thewirelesscatalog.com. They have some interesting, funny and different items that may spur some ideas for you.

Good luck. :)

Paige said...

No, he's definitely not a reader!
Please no fruit baskets! If it's a candy basket then that's okay.
If you get any of those catalogs in the mail (similar to Lilian Vernon) they usu have some quirky things that you could get him. Just ask me first before buying.
Love