May 25, 2007

Five Years Already

Five years ago today, I woke up early and went for a walk on the beach with my dad. And that was pretty much the only thing about my wedding day that went according to plan. But I didn't mind. The hairdresser was rude to Logic's mom, the flowers were all wrong - once they were finally delivered, the cake melted to the side upon delivery (although I'm sure it was still good - never got a piece), my parents got lost on the way to the ceremony and a co-worker actually hit on my new husband at the reception. But as I look back on that day, I am also reminded of the good things. Being pampered, wearing a beautiful dress, watching all our friends and family sing around the piano as a friend played "Piano Man". Oh yeah, and marrying my amazing husband.
It's funny how brief five years can feel. And yet, how much knowledge can be crammed into such a short amount of time. I've learned a lot about Logic and about marraige in general but I also know I have a long way to go.
I look forward to those years.
I love you baby!

3 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Is he your first husband? Just curious.

Amaya said...

Yup.

Middle Girl said...

congratulations! :)