May 16, 2007

My Future

I just finished watching Stranger Than Fiction. I am currently full of optimism and hope about the future. I want to seize life and start every day with vigor. I want to live my dreams.
Living my dreams.. now that's a scary thought. Scary because of how hard dreams are to achieve. I am a firm believer in making a dream a reality with hard work and determination. But that is what I find so scary. I've never worked hard for anything in my life. Not to say things have come easily, although sometimes that has been the case. It's just that I'm used to giving up because nothing has been worth all that effort. I've never felt passionately about something that was hard for me.
That is until recently. Without going into too much detail, I have come to realize how important writing is to me and, honestly, my well being. It is the core of who I am and how I operate. I love the written word. I adore creativity. I admire anyone with the capability to properly organize a sentence - especially when that sentence is put together in a fresh, new way.
I want to learn how to do that. I want to be that person who inspires others. I want to provide even the smallest moment of creative solitude for a reader. I want to comfort someone the way I have been comforted in the binding of a favorite read. This is vital to who I want to be.
The person I want to be isn't afraid of a challenge, and so I go forward in my quest to formulate the thoughts that rattle around in my head.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

interesting... i too have been contemplating and resurrecting long dormant dreams. passion for...something, is indeed at the root of forging ahead.

good luck in your pursuit.
i'm looking forward to the realization of your dream.

remember this... "a writer writes..always."