May 01, 2007

Recap

I can't formulate any concrete thoughts right now so I'll just give a quick update as to what's been going on:

-My office is in the midst of a complete re-org. Not sure how I feel about it.
-I'm beginning to realize that when I *thought* I knew who I was 3 years ago, I really had no clue.
- Logic's best friend is coming into town this weekend. That means we'll be sleeping on an air mattress.
-One bedroom condos suck.
- Ranger and Logic are too cute. They've both started watching the other's team/sport to support the other person. Ranger has watched a Jazz game and Logic tries to catch any hockey games that might be on.
- It's been 6 months since I started going to the gym and I consistantly go at least 3 times a week, mostly 5. I still haven't dropped a dress size. What gives?
- I bought a new pair of sunglasses. The old ones made me look like a raccoon, I've decided.
- A guy in high school used to call me "coon" because he thought I looked like one.
-There's an immigration protest downtown this afternoon so Logic's office is closing at 3:00. Since we carpool, that means I will be leaving at 3:00. No gym for me today.
- I'm tired.

3 comments:

Middle Girl said...

are you combining cardio with weights? utilize a trainer, if only for a few sessions-to get the ball rolling, so to speak?

i had/have similiar frustrations and these were suggestions made to me. i've yet to put them into practice-consistently. i intend to, though (perhaps not in a formal gym setting).

Good Luck! :)

Gail Peck said...

There is an intriguing article in the NY Times right now regarding weight loss.It's on the most e-mailed list so you are not alone.

Amaya said...

Melanie surprised me last weekend by having dropped about 20 pounds since I last saw her in January. She and I used to be about the same size but last weekend she was shopping for size 2 pants. If I didn't like her, I'd hate her.
Anyway, she gave me some good advice about controlling portion sizes and pumping up the cardio.
I'm going to take her advice and lay off the weights for a while. Running is my new motivation.
Oh, plus I'm convinced my back injury was from a weighted abdominal machine.