September 18, 2007

Keith Urban


After the horrible day I had on Thursday I finally got to the Spokane Arena around six o'clock, picked up the concert tickets and headed inside to see Keith Urban.
Laurie and I arrived really early and were disappointed with the size of the crowd. For a minute we even questioned if we'd come on the wrong day. But after an hour of eating pizza and drinking beer we came back to our seats to find the arena nearly full.
The opening act was The Wreckers. They were so-so. Everything felt over-choreographed and their sound tech should be fired - It was impossible to understand their lyrics.
Then the lights came up and they set the stage for Keith. Laurie and I had a hard time watching the lighting crew dangle above the stage and crawl to their designated seats under three large beams. The belt that attached them to the apparatus was only slightly comforting. But our excitement grew the closer those men got to their seats because we knew that once they were situated the show would begin. As soon as the last man was buckled into his dangling deathtrap, er seat, the lights went down, the crowd rushed the stage and the band snuck on.
The next three hours flew by. All I remember is: Keith played every song I wanted him to, his voice sounded crisper in person, his smile was very sexy, he had amazing energy, a fan rushed the stage during the acoustic set, he dedicated a song to his wife, he tamed the hell out of his guitar and I didn't want the show to end.
Even in the nose-bleeds, it was the best concert I've ever seen. Laurie and I will definitely be at his next concert and we're getting front row seats.



1 comment:

Gail Peck said...

Live music is a wonderful tonic. So glad you loved Keith Urban--he is definitely sexy.