September 30, 2007

The Volvo




My brother just bought an Audi. It's blue with silver trim and suede seats. With a V8 engine in the mix, it's the total package. So when he mentioned that he needed to get rid of his Volvo, I jumped at the opportunity.

My Sentra has been good to me. For nine years it has gotten me to work, dinner with loved ones and even trips across the country. But this last year has seen a decline in its reliability.

Logic and I have toyed with the idea of getting a new, more reliable car. He wanted to stay true to his second love, Honda, while I was hoping to stick to my heritage with a Volkswagen. But when the Volvo hung in the balance, we both knew it was the right decision. So this morning we met with my brother to write a check and sign over the title.

It's official, I have a new car.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Niiiiiiice! When (if) I decide to get a car it will be a Volvo (or a Suburu).

The one thing I know for sure is it's not happening today. ;)