September 27, 2007

Top Ten Reasons I Enjoyed Jury Duty

10) It was more interesting than I expected.

9) I was fortunate enough to share this experience with 11 other fun and interesting people.

8) It was the bailiff's first case so we tried to convince him that it was his job to get us doughnuts and make us coffee.

7) It was the prosecuting attorney's first case, and she was nervous. Some funny things slipped out of her mouth during cross examination.

6) We passed around a baggy of weed in deliberation.

5) The food selection was much better than what I'm used to at my end of town.

4) One old lady fell asleep during closing arguments. Needless to say, she was "randomly" selected to be the alternate and was instructed to leave before deliberation.

3) The defendant dug himself one hell of an amusing hole on the stand.

2) I had enormous amounts of time to read my book: Eat, Pray, Love

And the number1 reason I enjoyed jury duty: I missed work for four days and still got paid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you enjoyed your civic duty, slacker. ;-)