September 04, 2007

Ohanapecosh


The funny thing about camping is that only people with money would find enjoyment in a weekend where it's required that you sleep on the ground, scrounge for food and don't bathe. In other parts of the world I believe that's called poverty.
That perspective aside, camping can also be a great way to retreat to nature when life in the city is too much to bear. Simplicity at it's finest. It is for that reason that Logic and I trekked into the wilderness with 2 dear friends and spent the weekend roasting hot dogs, hiking through old-growth forests and playing poker. When we returned home yesterday we felt rejuvenated. And exhausted. But mostly rejuvenated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love camping too but it can leave you with a feeling of, "wasn't this supposed to be relaxing?"

Middle Girl said...

I have a love / hate relationship with camping: I love to hate it. Actually, that's not true~~I've never been camping, but there isn't anything in my psyche that would lead me to belive I might enjoy it. Ever.

Glad you do/did though! :)