May 10, 2006

5 People

I was reading a post with the question: which 5 people (living or dead) would I invite to dinner? I thought I would elaborate on my page. Thanks Rude Cactus for the idea.
I could be really cheesy and ramble on about how important family is and how I rarely get to spend quality time with them anymore. But come on! That's not interesting! What's interesting is thinking about 5 significant figures who mean something to me, but whom you can also relate to. The object is to think about the conversations that would ensue and how entertaining that would be. I encourage all of you to do the same.
Okay, I'll stop procrastinating and start on my list:
1) Bill Clinton. I've read many stories about him and one thing seems clear - he is a man of charm and wit. I would like to assume he would not only entertain, but educate. He appears to have a vast knowledge and hunger for a wide variety of information. And yet, he appears to be very down-to-earth. I'm sure he'd break out the thesaurus when speaking with big words that I don't understand. And he wouldn't make me feel stupid about it either.
2) Maya Angelou comes to mind as someone I'd like to eat with. Mostly because I consider her book "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" to be one of my favorites. And considering she has her own cookbook - she might be able to help me in the kitchen.
3) John Lennon. Man, I bet that guy has some stories. Assuming he remembers them.... I imagine (ha! "imagine"! get it?) he'd even play with my hair as I sit on his lap. He would tell triumphant stories of the human spirit and we'd all have a good chuckle.
4) For #4 I've decided on my husband. Not that I can't have dinner with him every night of the week - but I choose him because I can't imagine having the kind of night that is sure to unfold without him. I would want him to witness it for himself. That way, when we're old and gray we can sit on our porch swing and laugh about the braids that John put in my hair.
5) This last one has been lingering in the back of my mind. Should I say it? Should I not? But I've decided that I will NOT be ashamed of my choice. And (drumroll please) #5 goes to: Johnny Depp. Now before you roll your eyes, hear me out. He has persevered through the tirades of Hollywood without selling his soul and is leading a life that he seems to be proud of. Okay fine, I didn't expect you to buy that lame excuse anyway. I admit it. I just want to look at him. Is that so wrong?

1 comment:

Syd said...

Oh, I am so with you on the Johnny Depp selection. I don't even give a damn about his accomplishments, the man is just pretty.

Women deserve a little eye-candy too.