May 22, 2006

Fifty Things About Me

1) I was a vegetarian for over 4 years and recently started eating meat again after discussing my health with a doctor.
2) Growing up, I played basketball, volleyball & softball as well as being statistician for the boys basketball team in junior high and one of the managers to the varsity & jv football team in high school.
3) I am now a bona fide girly-girl. With pink as my favorite color and a fetish for shoes, I can honestly say that I'm the girliest girl I know. And until recently I was ashamed of that.
4) I am a daddy's girl.
5) I am married to my soul-mate.
6) My husband is a cancer survivor.
7) His mother is a cancer survivor.
8) Logic and I joined thousands of other Seattlites to walk the Breast Cancer 3- Day last summer to support his mother.
9) I was rushed to the E.R. for severe dehydration after the first 20 miles. (It completely crushed my spirit.)
10)Logic was one of the first 30 people to cross the finish line 2 days later.
11) I'm looking at the Puget Sound right now.
12) The only way we could afford this view is to buy a one bedroom condo.
13) I have house-fever. But with the way the market is in Seattle, it will be 8 more years before I am able to afford a nice house with a medium sized backyard.
14) 14 is my favorite number. As a young girl, my family and I used to attend Tri-City American hockey games and I had a major crush on #14 - Stu Barnes (who now plays professionally for Dallas). It's been my favorite number ever since.
15) Logic is the world's biggest John Stockton fan; which makes me his second biggest fan by default.
16) Most people who know me would agree that even though I look innocent I will shock the shit out of you when I open my mouth.
17) I think vulgarity (when used properly) can be very sexy.
18) I have the typical girl-tattoo on my lower back - AND I HATE IT!
19) I want more tattoos.
20) I learned that I don't have to stand out to make a statement.
21) I STILL haven't finished college.
22) I'm afraid I never will.
23) I am the youngest of six children.
24) I was raised Catholic.
25) I am not Catholic.
26) I have 2 cats - George and Grace.
27) I carry the tag from my deceased family dog on my keychain.
28) I don't have as much faith in myself as I should.
29) I'm not the only one.
30) I have anxiety.
31) I used to self-medicate myself. After a life-altering panic attack last October, I am now on prescription medication.
32) I rushed to the emergency room, fully convinced that I was going mad.
33) I see a therapist.
34) I am a therapy-thumper. I think everyone can benefit from it.
35) Writing is cathartic for me.
36) I think about moving to another country. Although I haven't traveled nearly as much as I would like, I think that I would enjoy a change of pace and a new environment.
37) In reference to #14 - I once asked him for his hockey stick. He denied my request.
38) I love America. I don't think other countries get to see what we're really about.
39) I would vote for Hillary Clinton. I think she gets a bad reputation for having traits that people admire in men.
40) I wish John McCain wasn't a Republican.
41) I tend to get sick easily and hate that it makes me look weak.
42) I am nervous to put so much of myself out there like this.
43) I apologize for my "bum" comment. Not here to offend.
44) As of yet I have no children (unless you count the kitties). I'm nervous about bringing a child into a world that scares me.
45) My closest sibling is 5 years older than I am. I sometimes feel like I am an only child.
46) I wish I didn't have bad dreams.
47) Logic and I have a "list" of celebrities we'd like to invite into our marriage. My #1 pick - Johnny Depp. His #1 pick - Natalie Portman.
48) I am a Libra.
49) Sometimes I think about moving back to Oregon.
50) My main goal in life is contentment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it that you hate your tattoo or the fact that you have a girly tattoo? I don't think it's a girly tattoo.

Anonymous said...

I like that you have a blog. I am learning a lot about you. Maybe I should have one? Like I have time to write anything. But still it would be nice to put down some thoughts.

Amaya said...

I don't like that my tattoo is something that a lot of other people have. And the spot I have it is very typical as well. I got it to stand out and now I feel like I blend in because of it.